Composition In Two Genres

The First Genre: Social Media Account (Twitter)

Rhetorical Situation

Technology has been on the rise and has been improving as the years go on. There have been many theorists who have had the idea that one day technology will get out of hand and will turn against us.  

Genre

The reason that I chose a twitter account is because since I am talking about technology what other way to get a following to support my reasoning than to use technology itself. 

Audience

The audience that I want to reach by using Twitter is the attention of big influencers in the technological field. If I want to get my point across that with artificial intelligence been created with advanced technology there’s a chance of their takeover, then I need people who have a big influence on my side. People who can help me speak up and have the same ideals as me are the audience I wish to attract. 

Purpose

The main purpose of this Twitter account is to build a community based on certain people and characteristics. By using Twitter and the tools it brings along with it such as the @ sign to target certain people, I can communicate my ideas to someone specifically. With the community that is created, I want to catch the attention of people who are connected in building A.I’s

The Second Genre: Letter

Rhetorical Situation

Artificial intelligence now days has the ability to work with us on a daily basis and sometimes without us knowing it, they listen to everything we say. One big example is the feature on Iphones called Siri. Has it ever happened to you where Siri would turn on by itself and say “Sorry, I didn’t quite get that?” This has happened to many people and you may not know this, but Siri records your voice and saves it in a system controlled by Apple.

Genre

The reason that I chose a letter is because I want to get my ideas in a professional way and the main group that I want to reach which is people of age, may not have social media accounts and the message I wish to deliver may only be seen through a letter. This could include a letter to the mail or an email.

Audience

The audience that I want to reach using this letter is people who are constantly working on researching Artificial Intelligence and doing experiments on them. This sometimes comes to be people who are of age and may not use social media as much as others.

Purpose

The purpose of this letter is to get my ideas across in a mannerly way. I was to express the thought that we have to be careful on how much power we give to technology that is used by us and put some restraints on it. If there is a slight chance than a mistake happens and two different machines with totally different tasks are able to communicate with each other, then some damage to our technology might be done. We have to be careful because important data that we contain could be intervene with and erased.